Join Us for Worship
Saturday, 5:00 pm
Sunday, 9:00 or 11:15 am
Sunday School @ 10:15 am
Order of Worship
As is the tradition of Anglican churches around the world, our service is liturgical. That simply means we follow an order and style of worship with music, prayers, Scripture readings, and homily that dates back to the early church. As you enter the Sanctuary, an usher will hand you a bulletin with all the information about the service in it. The bulletin also contains news, event information and other items about the latest happenings at St. Philip’s. You may sit anywhere that you feel comfortable. If it’s crowded, the ushers will help you find a seat.
We celebrate Communion, or the Lord’s Supper, at each service. All baptized Christians are welcome to receive Communion, including children. If you do not want to receive Communion, you are welcome to come forward for a blessing or you may simply remain in your seat to pray or reflect during that time. Prayer partners are available in the alcoves on both sides of the worship space at this time to pray with you or your family for specific needs or concerns. Special candle racks are also available in the alcoves for your use as a physical way of expressing special thanksgivings or intercessions of your heart.
Nursery, Children & Youth
St. Philip’s is dedicated to helping children and their families discover God’s amazing love, deepen their faith and share His love with others by providing quality Christian educational programs and opportunities for fellowship and service.
- Nursery care is available for infants through Pre-K 4 in the Education Bldg. during all services and Sunday School.
- Sunday School for Pre-K through 5th grade on Sundays at 10:15 am
- Children’s Chapel during the Saturday 5:00 pm, Sunday 9:00 am and 11:15 am services for ages 4 through 2nd grade.
- Sparrows (Special Needs Ministry) meets during the Sunday 9:00 am service in St. Philip’s Hall.
- For more information, email Steffanie Methvin or call 214-619-5806 ext. 137.
- Visit Children & Family Ministry page »
- Sunday School for Youth (6th – 12th grade) in St. Philip’s Hall on Sunday at 10:15 am
- For more information, email Beth Sarey or call 214-619-5806 ext. 112.
- Visit Youth Ministry page »
- Sunday School at 10:15 am
- All classes are open. There is no need to register in advance.
- Visit the Adult Sunday School page »
Before and After Worship
Feel free to mingle in the Narthex (lobby area) visit our Welcome Center, to learn about upcoming events and activities and meet our clergy!
If you have any questions, you may contact Marie Walls.