Join Us for Worship
Saturdays, 5:00 pm or Sundays, 9:00 or 11:15 am
Sunday School for all ages @ 10:15 am
St. Philip’s is a place of “living faith for active families”. With a worship style having historical roots with a reverent feel, we practice our faith in a way that is completely relevant to our lives today. Like Episcopal churches everywhere, our service is liturgical. That simply means we follow an order and style of worship with music, prayers, Scripture readings and a sermon that is rich in tradition, combined with fresh expression and practice.
As you enter the Worship space, an usher will hand you a bulletin with all the service information, including news, event information and other things happening in and around St. Philip’s. You may also follow the service on the screens mounted on the wall. Feel free to sit anywhere you feel comfortable; our ushers can also help you find a seat if you’d like help.
We celebrate Communion at each service. All baptized Christians are welcome to receive Communion, including children. If you do not want to receive Communion, you are welcome to come forward for a blessing, or remain in your seat to pray or reflect during that time. If you have a prayer concern you’d like to share, Prayer Partners are available in the alcoves on both sides of the worship space at this time to pray with you for specific needs. Remembrance candles are also available in the alcoves if you prefer a physical expression of a need or thanksgiving.
St. Philip’s is dedicated to helping children and their families discover God’s amazing love, deepen their faith and share His love with others by providing quality Christian educational programs and opportunities for fellowship and service.
- Nursery care is available for infants through Pre-K 4 in the Education Bldg. during all services and Sunday School.
- Sunday School for Pre-K through 5th grade on Sundays at 10:15 am
- Children’s Chapel during the Saturday 5:00 pm, Sunday 9:00 am and 11:15 am services for ages 4 through 3rd grade.
- Sparrows (Special Needs Ministry) meets during the Sunday 9:00 am service in St. Philip’s Hall.
- For more information, email Steffanie Methvin or call 214-619-5806 ext. 117.
- Visit Children & Family Ministry page »